Babajide Brian is a dedicated artist who has a keen interest in landscape and architecture. He draws from life, photography and memory. He has explored many mediums from paint to print but always returns to his passion of drawing, using simple graphite pencil or pen and ink to create incredibly detailed drawings. Each work takes a number focused studio days to complete. The precision and structural definition create powerful and dramatic imagery. Alongside this Babajide is able to identity with the human form with the architectural landscape. Therefore introducing delicate and intriguing figures within the landscape.
His drawings are often compared to the work of Stephen Wiltshire, who has been a great inspiration for Babajide.
- The Out There Art Fair: Shaking the Everyday, Cockpit Arts Winter Open Studios, 2021 (group show)
- Outside In: Environments, Piano Nobile Gallery, Kings Place, 2019 (group show)
- Patterns of My Mind, The Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts Winter Open Studios, 2019 (group show)
- Art is Part of The Equation, Royal Academy, 2019 (group show) – Exhibitor and curator
- The Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts, 2018 (group show)
- JuNK – Immersive Technologies Research Project, 2018
- ActionSpace open studio at Studio Voltaire, 2018