Bert Heaney McKinnell
Bert McKinell’s artistic practice combines skills drawn from life drawing classes and anatomical animation studies. His primary subject matter is the human form. He perfects his figures and often develops them into characters within his own fantasy worlds, using a range of mediums from graphite, watercolour and ink to oil pastels.
Bert’s draughtsmanship skills are also applied to animals and inanimate objects, but in all cases accuracy of subject is of the upmost importance. He will create studies of his subject and meticulously rework them until they are absolutely perfect.
He has also combined his love of Manga drawings styles with written text. Inspired by Japanese, Chinese and Korean script he has created his own characters blending several ideas together.
Bert’s most recent work takes his love of anatomical drawing further by creating clay sculptures based on the female form. He is a natural with the sculpting tools and uses Youtube videos to develop new techniques
Bert McKinnell is a resident artist at ActionSpace’s Cockpit Arts studio.
- The Out There Art Fair: Shaking the Everyday, Cockpit Arts Winter Open Studios, 2021 (group show)
- Patterns of My Mind, The Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts Winter Open Studios, 2019 (group show)
- Where The Heart Is, Cockpit Arts, 2019 (group show)
- Art is Part of The Equation, Royal Academy, 2019 (group show)
- The Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts, 2019 (group show)
- The Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts Christmas Open Studios, 2016 (group show)