Patrick’s work is based on words, sounds and colour. The words and sentences represent his thoughts and feelings and allow Patrick to express how he views the world.
He uses words as aesthetic objects, organising their phonetic and visual shapes to create textural compositions. His work reminds us of a side of language that we often forget, treating the curves and corners in letters like brush strokes rather than overlooked tools of communication
Patrick is very precise about the content of his work. He marks out sections of his work with words of different sizes and colours creating individual areas within the piece. In the process he gives priority to certain words or subjects so that the reader is taken on a journey. This leads the viewer to naturally read the work in a certain order. When completed his bold and graphical art works show a distinct but harmonious relationship between the words, colours and space.
- Prints! Project Ability, 2019 (group show)
- The Out There Art Fair: Patterns of My Mind, Cockpit Arts Winter Open Studios, 2019 (group show)
- Autocity, The Smallest Gallery in Soho, 2019 (solo show)
- Where The Heart Is, Cockpit Arts Summer Open Studios, 2019 (group show)
- The Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts Winter Open Studios, 2018 (group show)
- No Limit, Old Diorama Arts Centre, 2018 (group show)
- That’s where I come in, Kentish Town Health Centre, 2017 (group show)
- Autism Arts Festival, Studio 3, Canterbury, 2017
- The Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts Christmas Open Studios, 2016 (group show)