Tim Nixon’s colourful artwork is a reflective view of his world through his vivid imagination and playful character. He works in acrylic paint, oil pastel and pens. He mixes intense colours with reoccurring graphic shapes, which he often marks out in bold colours or black ink. He creates large-scale, mixed media paintings and smaller, more intricate drawn pieces.
His most recent works are based around the current exhibition Jasper Johns Something Resembling Truth at the Royal Academy. Tim Nixon will run on 12th and 26th November 2017, with other ActionSpace artists, a family workshop inspired by his practice and the Jasper Johns exhibition for the Royal Academy, where families will be exploring ideas of family identity by using an assortment of stamps, stencils, felt tips and paint to create their own family symbol and flag.
Tim Nixon is a resident artist at ActionSpace’s Cockpit Arts studio.
- The Out There Art Fair: Shaking the Everyday, Cockpit Arts Winter Open Studios, 2021 (group show)
- Patterns of My Mind, The Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts Winter Open Studios, 2019 (group show)
- Where The Heart Is, Cockpit Arts Summer Open Studios, 2019 (group show)
- Art is Part of The Equation, Royal Academy, 2019 (group show)
- The Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts Christmas Open Studios, 2016 (group show)
- Shop of Curiosity, The Geddes Gallery, 2016 (group show)
- Recent works “Manchester United, Old Trafford” 1 & 2 toured as part of “Heart & Sold” Summer and Autumn 2015 to Senator Show Rooms in London and New York.