Robin creates bold abstract paintings. He works intuitively, carefully responding to each line and form he lays down, gradually building and interlocking geometric shapes with more organic abstract forms. His combination of vivid colours with pastels worked into each of the shapes he maps out create dense colour formations.
Robin created a large scale site specific painting for Watch This Space 2016 at the Southside Shopping Centre, mapping out a free flowing design with more curvaceous forms. Whilst he painted the public joined in, creating alongside him within the installation, inspired by his work.
More recently Robin has moved in portraiture creating abstract portraits of fantastical creatures and people in his life, applying the same principles used in his abstract paintings of building shapes and colours to develop the portraits.
- VITAL MIX: Assembled Lines, Studio RCA, 2019 (group show)
- Art is Part of The Equation, Royal Academy, 2019 (group show)
- Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts, 2018
- The Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts Christmas Open Studios, 2016 (group show)
- Watch This Space, Wandsworth Fringe, Southside Shopping Centre 2016
- Voltaire Open, Studio Voltaire, 2016 (group show)
- Watch This Space, Wandsworth Fringe, Southside Shopping Centre 2015