Matthew describes himself as an abstract artist. He works in a variety of media, from oil paints to coloured tape and life size plastic bags, all treated with a playful sense of experimentation and exploration to see what it is possible to do with them. Matthew often creates layered and interconnected patterns using geometric and organic structures, often playing with the creation of 3D drawings within the 2D surface. He is also a ceramicist and regularly exhibits his work.
Matthew Berry is a resident artist at ActionSpace’s Cockpit Arts studio.
- The Out There Art Fair: Shaking the Everyday, Cockpit Arts Winter Open Studios, 2021 (group show)
- Art is Part of The Equation, Royal Academy, 2019 (group show)
- Shape Open 2017, Power: The Politics of Disability, Ecology Pavilion, Mile End Park (group show)
- The Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts Christmas Open Studios, 2016 (group show)
- Manipulated Material: Responses to the Medium of Paint, Cockpit Arts Christmas Open Studios, 2015 (group show)
- Tardis, October Gallery, 2013 (group show)