Mary Thomas’ colourful, dynamic artwork combines observational drawing with bold, experimental patterns and mark making. Mary loves the work of Henri Matisse and David Hockney. Her own work shows their influence in its sensitive depiction of subjects ranging from self-portraits to the exotic landscapes of her Caribbean background. Mary works primarily in watercolour, pencil and ink, but also enjoys experimenting and mastering new media.
Mary Thomas is a resident artist at ActionSpace’s Cockpit Arts Studio.
- Where The Heart Is, Cockpit Arts, 2018 (group show)
- Bold and Beautiful, Kentish Town City Farm, 2018 (group show)
- The Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts Christmas Open Studios, 2016 (group show)
- Oh Wow! 32 Responses to Colour and Light, Cockpit Arts Summer Open Studios, 2014 (group show)
- Pump House Open, Pump House Gallery, 2013 (group show)
- I Was Framed, Cockpit Arts Christmas Open Studios, 2013 (group show)