Ian Wornast has passion for London transport, its history and its developments. He notices and researches changes to structures around the city and creates graphic yet personal geographic mappings in response. Ian incorporates design and colour from TFL into complex patterns in which he shows the connections and links throughout London through his own lens.
Ian’s work has a strong and unique visual identity – recognisable instantly by it’s striking lines, patterns and logos. Yet, he is also prolific in his experimentation. Like urban developments, in his art he likes “things to be moving forward, not going back, to keep progressing”. His drawings encourage you to look closer: at the artwork and at the world around you.
Ian’s artwork ‘Clapham Junction’ was selected to exhibit in the Royal Academy of Arts Summer Show 2021.
Ian Wornast is a resident artist at ActionSpace’s Cockpit Arts studio and a member of ActionSpace’s staff team
- The Out There Art Fair: Shaking the Everyday, Cockpit Arts Winter Open Studios, 2021 (group show)
- The Festival of Print, The Art Pavilion, 2021 (group show)
- Woolwich Contemporary Print Fair, The Fireworks Factory, 2021 (group show)
- Summer Exhibition 2021, Royal Academy of Arts, 2021 (group exhibition)
- Art | Unlocked | Unearthed, Jennifer Lauren Gallery, 2020 (online group exhibition)
- From My Window, 2020 (online solo exhibition)
- Outside In: Environments, Piano Nobile Gallery, Kings Place, 2019 (group show)
- Patterns of My Mind, The Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts Winter Open Studios, 2019 (group show)
- Where The Heart Is, Cockpit Arts Summer Open Studios, 2019 (group show)
- My Life in London, Project Ability, Glasgow, 2019
- Art is Part of The Equation, Royal Academy, 2019 (group show)
- Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts Winter Open Studios, 2018 (group show)
- My Life in London, Southbank Centre, 2018
- My Life in London, The Koppel Project Hive, 2018
- The Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts Winter Open Studios, 2016 (group show)
- Shop of Curiosity, The Geddes Gallery, 2016 (group show)
- Art at the Bridge: “Connections”, Tower Bridge, 2014 – 2015 (group show)
- Oh Wow! 32 Responses to Colour and Light, Cockpit Arts Summer Open Studios, 2014 (group show)
- I Was Framed, Cockpit Arts Christmas Open Studios, 2013 (group show)