Make a donation
Your contribution will make a big difference to Action Space, however small.
- £10-£25 could pay for art materials for a day’s studio session
- £50 could go towards exhibition costs such as framing and space hire
- £90 could help to pay for a half day for our artists tutors to run our sessions
You can choose to make a one off or a regular donation. Click on the button below to make a donation online.
Other ways to donate:
- Send a cheque or postal order to Action Space. Please make cheques payable to Action Space London Events Ltd.
- Donate by text. Text ARTS45 followed by amount e.g. £2, £5 or £10 to 70070. Texts are charged at your mobile phone operator’s standard rate. Action Space will receive 100% of your donation.
Become a volunteer
Action Space runs visual arts projects for Adults (18+) with learning disabilities. Each project caters for 8-10 artist participants, who are encouraged to explore and develop their individual artist practices. Sessions are lead by one of our experienced artists tutors, who is supported by two volunteer session assistants. The volunteers work under the direction of the artist tutor, who will ask them to work with individual participants helping them to access materials and solve creative problems. Action Space provides access to art activities only, any participants who have personal care or support needs brings a support worker with them to provide for these.
Volunteers are crucially important to Action Space as they allow us to provide the bespoke 1:1 attention that enables our artist participants to thrive. We look for practicing artists who are able to bring their own creativity, energy and sensitivity to the project.
Currently no volunteering opportunities available.
Take part in a sponsored event and raise money for Action Space. Here is something to inspire you – a few months ago Anthony Mitchell completed a 10 mile wheelchair walk to raise funds for Action Space. Skegness Standard reported: ‘Anthony managed to not only finish the course last Tuesday, but also smash his previous five-and-a-half hour time by 30 minutes, completing his second attempt at the challenge in five hours.’ Tony has been involved in Action Space for over 37 years and his support is greatly valued.
We can help you to get started with your own online donation page and sponsorship forms. Contact us here.
Other ways to support Action Space
- Purchase / commission artwork. Take a look at our artists’ gallery.
- We are always looking for exciting and new spaces to host our exhibitions and events. If you have a venue that might be suitable, please get in touch.
- Donate art materials.