Ian Wornast’s bold, colourful drawings reflect his love of London and the various methods and routes for travelling around the city. He draws from memory and sourced images. Each piece is made up of a network of intricate patterns that are woven together into structures of colour and form, building up into complex tableaux that provide the viewer with an intimate insight into the mapped city as he sees it. Ian has a very unique visual signature. His viewers come back to his work again and again, always finding something new that they had not noticed before. Ian’s work is widely exhibited, most recently at the Tower of London in early 2015, and he specialises in producing bespoke pieces based on commission briefs.
Ian Wornast is a resident artist at ActionSpace’s Cockpit Arts studio and a member of ActionSpace’s staff team
- The Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts Christmas Open Studios, 2016 (group show)
- Shop of Curiosity, The Geddes Gallery, 2016 (group show)
- Art at the Bridge: “Connections”, Tower Bridge, 2014 – 2015 (group show)
- Oh Wow! 32 Responses to Colour and Light, Cockpit Arts Summer Open Studios, 2014 (group show)
- I Was Framed, Cockpit Arts Christmas Open Studios, 2013 (group show)
- Co-workshop Leader, Friday Afternoon Art Club, Royal Academy of Arts, 2017