Abu Hasnat energetically explores colour texture and shape through a variety of mediums and surfaces giving his work a very distinct style. His adventurous use of different, sometimes unexpected and unusual materials makes his work daring and visually absorbing.
Abu explores potential relationships and connections between various objects, shapes, textures, materials and colours. His paintings demonstrate a strong understanding of colour, texture and material as he moves quickly and with a confidence to create with a fluidity and motion. Even areas that are produced in a short amount of time still have depth and energy. He works on two levels: at first his work may seem slightly random, however when the viewer takes a closer look they can often see the thought that has gone into the finer details, creating wonderful tactile moments of surprise.
- The Out There Art Fair: Patterns of My Mind, Cockpit Arts Winter Open Studios, 2019 (group show)
- Where The Heart Is, Cockpit Arts Summer Open Studios, 2019 (group show)
- The Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts Winter Open Studios, 2018 (group show)
- That’s where I come in, Kentish Town Health Centre, 2017 (group show)
- The Out There Art Fair, Cockpit Arts Christmas Open Studios, 2016 (group show)
- Manipulated Material, Cockpit Arts, London, November 2015
- Art at the Bridge: “Connections”, Tower Bridge, 2014 (group show)
- Oh Wow! 32 Responses to Colour and Light, Cockpit Arts Summer Open Studios, 2014 (group show)
- I Was Framed, Cockpit Arts Christmas Open Studios, November 2013 (group show)
- Dreamcatcher. Moment in Time, Shape in the City, Gracechurch Street, 2013 (group show)
- Unwrapped, Cockpit Arts, London, November 2012
- Difference & Repetition, Camden Arts Centre, London 2012 (group show)